The Meadow F7 is a workhorse Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled System-on-Module (SoM) microcontroller-based board designed for sophisticated IoT applications and is based on the STMicroelectronics STM32F7 microcontroller (MCU) with an Espressif ESP-32 coprocessor.
The Meadow F7 is provisioned with Meadow.OS which runs full .NET Standard v2.1 applications and can be managed remotely via Meadow.Cloud with secure, over-the-air (OtA) updates, reliable push messaging, and device and application health monitoring over a Wi-Fi or ethernet (F7 Production model only) network.
The Meadow F7v2 System-on-Module (SoM) is available in two models, based on two differing form factors:
- Meadow F7v2 Micro Development Module - An Adafruit Feather specification compatible design, intended for development, prototyping, and low-volume (1,000 or less) production.
- Meadow F7v2 Core-Compute Module - A surface mount device (SMD) intended for high-volume and industrial production, the F7 Production also adds Ethernet and SD card capabilities.
- Fully Surface Mount Technology (SMT) compatible. Both modules can be used in SMD designs without the need for through-hole (PTH) soldering.
- STMicroelectronics STM32F7 32-bit ARM Cortex-M7 based core MCU at up to 216MHz
- 2MB internal Flash memory
- 412Kb internal RAM
- 2D Graphics Acceleration (DMA2D) via ST Chrom-ART Accelerator
- Internal, low-power realtime clock (RTC)
- Cryptographic Hardware Acceleration for AES 128, 192, 256, triple DES, HASH (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2), and HMAC True random number generator Floating point unit (FPU) Secure Boot secure, encrypted firmware loader
- Espressif ESP32 (ESP-Pico-D4) Xtensa 32-bit dual-core LX6 up to 240MHz coprocessor.
- 2.4GHz WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with WFA, WPA/WPA2 and WAPI
- Bluetooth 4.2, 5.1
- 32MB external, onboard QSPI RAM
- 64MB external, onboard non-volatile Flash memory (60MB available for user code)
- 25 Mixed Signal IO ports (6/8x Analog, 12x PWM, 3x UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, 2x DAC)
- On-board 2.4GHz ceramic chip antenna
- U.FL external antenna connector
- RoHS compliant (lead and hazardous materials-free)
Meadow F7v2 Micro Features
The Meadow F7 Micro model has additional onboard features designed to make developing and prototyping easier.
- Reset and Boot buttons
- Onboard user-accessible RGB LED
- Micro USB 3.0 with USB On-the-Go (OTG)
- Integrated 3.7V LiPo/LiIon battery charging and JST-PH 2-pin battery connector
- Can be powered via standard USB, or 5V/3V3 rails
- Integrated switching power supply capable of providing 800mA when powered from USB or 5V rail
- SMT and PTH compatible
Meadow F7v2 Core-Compute Features
The Meadow F7 Core-Compute model is designed to be an easy upgrade path to production volume solution, or for when Ethernet and an external SD card interface is required.
- Ultra-small Surface Mount Device (SMD) form factor.
- External SD Card interface
- Dual-Port External Ethernet interface