Ensuring that your Netduino has the latest firmware means that it will be up to date with the current Netduino-specific .NET Micro Framework runtime. Additionally, unless your Netduino has the latest firmware, you may have issues deploying your application to it.
Instructions are OS specific:
- Download and launch the Netduino Updater application.
- While your Netduino is unplugged, hold down the button and then plug it in, to put it into DFU Bootloader Mode:
- Your Netduino should show up in the list device list, click the checkbox next to it and click the Upgrade button:
- Netduino updater will automatically install the latest firmware:
- When it’s done, the Netduino will be rebooted and so it should no longer show up in the devices list.
While your Netduino is unplugged, hold down the button and then plug it in, to put it into DFU Bootloader Mode:
- Launch the Netduino Mac Deploy (available from the downloads page):
- Click the
Install Firmwarebutton, firmware should install:
Manual Installation of Firmware from .hex or .s19 files
The Mac Firmware tool also enables manual firmware deployment:
- Follow steps 1 & 2 above.
- Click the
Choosebutton, and select either the
Deployand it should deploy the firmware:
These docs are open source. If you find an issue, please file a bug, or send us a pull request. And if you want to contribute, we'd love that too!