Download and install the following:
- Visual Studio 2015. Note, community edition is free, but you’ll need to create an account if you don’t already have one.
- .NET Micro Framework (.NETMF) v4.3.2 - QFE2 SDK
- NETMF Plugin for Visual Studio Visual Studio 2015
- Netduino SDK
0x80131700 Build Error on .NET Micro Framework
This error can happen when building an application on newer versions of Windows as .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed by default.
Download and install .NET Framework 3.5 (this also contains .NET Framework 2.0). This can be done by downloading the framework from Microsoft or through Control Panel.
In order to do this through Control Panel:
- Open Control Panel
- Select Programs and Features
- Select Turn Windows features on or off
- Select .Net Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
- Click OK