- Fixed an issue where the TLS subsystem (mbedTLS) was racing on initialization, generating intermittent issues with connecting to HTTPS endpoints
- Upgraded external flash driver. This resolves issues with intermittent hanging after a software reset, which affected Meadow error recovery
- Added Meadow.Core API support for disabling server certificate validation for TLS (HTTPS) connections using MeadowOS.SetServerCertificateValidationMode()
- Clean up and performance improvements in F7 serial ports.
- Added F7 os-level protection around mq operations
- IPin extensions moved up in namespace to improve discoverability
- Added SerialMessagePort convenience methods to appropriate Connectors
- A02YYUW serial distance sensor
- Added IDisposable to all appropriate drivers
- MicroLayout chart layout improvements
- MicroGraphics fix exception when calling DrawImage
- Add sensor interfaces to BMI270
- Improved null reference checking
- WinForms Display Screen updated and improved, now a movable window showing on the center of the screen when running, and buffer boundaries fixed.
- Users can now create, edit, and manage API Keys to access search and command endpoints.
- Improve dependency filter for App.dll Do a directory existing check before we check for the internet connection
- Trimming Enabled
- Fixed an issue where if device.Runtime didn’t have a corresponding local directory, it would break
meadow app deploy
- Fixed stability issues when using more than 4 connections on WiFi (https://github.com/WildernessLabs/Meadow_Issues/issues/347)
- Fixed a minor issue with processing a malformed
- The default gateway is now added to the list of DNS servers on WiFi
- Bug fix for Meadow.Windows
- GPIOs are initialized to inputs with no resistor on Core initialization
- New digital storage unit
- New Apparent Power unit
- New Reactive Energy unit
- New Reactive Power unit
- Cleanup and typo fixes
- Mcp4xxx Potentiometers and Rheostats
- Grove 4-Channel SPDT Relay
- mikroBUS SPI 4-20mA receiver click boards
- Added library to support M-Bus (Meter Bus)
- Project Lab now lazy-loads sensor drivers
DisplayScreenrefresh bug fix
- MicroGraphics improved circle drawing accuracy
Blendextension method for
- Improved nullable checks and null validation
- A lot of cleanup - thanks Engunneer!
Public Beta Launch: https://www.meadowcloud.co/
- V2 Alpha.1
- Allow sequential flashing of devices in bootloader mode.
--verboseshould now work across commands.
- Duplicate logging removed from
- Color-coded logging (more to come)
- Fixed issue with Azure IoT hub certificates.
- Fixed issue where invalid credentials in wifi.config.yaml could lock the board.
- Changed the way the system checks for the minimum required file set.
- Bug fix for finding app settings file in Meadow.Linux and Meadow.Windows
- Interface break: Refactor
- Added interfaces and enums for cellular states and data
- PCx857x family of digital IO expanders
- ElectroMagnetic Relay Board
- LSM6DSOX iNEMO inertial module with Machine Learning Core
- LIS3MDL digital magnetic sensor
- HC2 atmospheric sensor
- BG95-M3 GNSS driver
- 9-DOF IMU Featherwing
- Added support for Modbus RTU server
- Updated MicroLayout class names [Interface break]
SpiCommunicationsnow explicitly asserts the CS line on startup
- x74595 support parallel writes
- x74595 asserts chip select state at startup
- MicroGraphics Image class supports BI_BITFIELDS compression for 24bpp images
CounterClockwisemethods [Interface break]
- GNSS drivers updated to conform to
- BME688 gas resistance output fixed
TextDisplayMenuitem type now returned on change events
- LIS2MDL output scaling fixed
- A lot of cleanup, spelling fixes, XML comment additions, etc.
More information here: v1.3.4 Milestone
- Overhaul of log viewer and a number of other UI improvements
- Update dfu-util version check to check for v0.11
- Only push App.dll to the device Fixes Issue 340
- Bump to 1.3.4 to include the aforementioned Meadow.CLI changes.
- Added limited TLS client certificate support
- Reliability improvements for OS OTA updates
- Stability and usability improvements for cell networking:
NetworkDisconnectedevents added to
- Support for scanning cell networks added via
- Exposed module IMEI and cell signal strength properties via
- Greatly improved network reconnect speed when connection is dropped
- Fixed an issue with BG95 not turning when resetting Meadow
- IPCP-provided DNS servers are now prioritized for use by default
- Easily add health metrics reporting to Meadow.Cloud. To enable this, add the following to
HealthMetrics: Enabled: true Interval: 10
(Interval is in minutes.) Health metrics get sent to Meadow.Cloud once a network connection is available.
- Sc16is7x2 - new UART expander driver
- NeoPixel Featherwing - new driver
- My7000s - improved sampling logic
- MaxBotix - improved sampling logic for serial sensors
- MicroLayout - adding
- MicroGraphics - fixed negative Y out of bounds exception
- MicroGraphics - fixed index bug for 12x16 font
- SwitchingRainGauge - sample updated to to avoid D15 error
- Updated all projects to C# 10
- Receive health metrics from device and update
Versionin the device list
- Retrieve log and event data via Webhook and Azure Event Hubs integrations
- New Classic build for some customers having issues on Windows 10 and some Windows 11 machines. Please download from here.
- If the runtime version is unknown (typically on brand new boards), it will force a flash erase, without prompting.
- Simplified meadow packaging with a project target (instead of folder/file) that builds and trims assemblies before creating an MPAK.
- Support for Microsoft’s new 2.x C# Extension
- Due to dropping OmniSharp support extensions should now load a bit quicker.
- Attached devices now appear in the configuration list.
- Ability to toggle between Debug and Release configurations before deploying to your Meadow.
- Device Sleep/Wake is known to have intermittent stability issues that we are investigating.
- Greatly improved reliability of cell networking
- Extended maximum low-power mode sleep time from 18 hours to 25 days
- Enhanced Ethernet driver & added support for ethernet connect after startup
- Adjusted thread priorities aiming to improve responsiveness in debugging
- Greatly improved app startup time
- Improved latency of first interrupt
- Added app-accessible Settings to
- Bug fix in refreshing network adapter info
- Added support for Connectors
- Bug fix for incorrect scaling in
- Integrated cell networking support via the new
- Added a Cloud Log Provider to send logs and events to Meadow.Cloud
- New MicroLayout library - a lightweight UI framework that works with MikroGraphics
- New ME007YS ultrasonic distance sensor driver
- Fixed ST7789 display support for 320x240 displays
- Fixed GC9A01 display reset bug
- Bug fix in MicroGraphics vertical alignment
- View device logs and events. The following filters are applicable in the search box:
- Added a Metadata field to the package publish flow to pass metadata to the Update Service. Issue 319
- Updated the MQTT service infrastructure. Meadow.Core update required for OtA compatibility.
- Added a new parameter for
package publish. This metadata is passed through to the Update Service and can be used to determine which devices to update. Issue 319
package createfix for incorrect Windows backslash: Issue 300
- [VS2022-Windows] The Meadow tab should now receive focus after deployment.
- [VS2022-Windows] The Meadow tab’s logs should be cleared each debugging run.
- Due to the debugging priority change in the OS, debugging should be more responsive in all the extensions.
- Added support for the BG95 (LTE-M) and M95 (GSM) cellular modules, view documentation.
- Improved reliability of cell networking
- Resolved issue where using a static IP address and Wi-fi auto-connect together would not work as expected
- Added Meadow.LogProviders library, which includes Console, File and UDP logging
- Bug fix in F7 internal resistors (resistors inverted)
- New driver: NeoPixel driver
- New driver: Mcp3xxx family of analog to digital converters
- New driver: Current Transducer
- New driver: microBUS AC Current current sensor driver
- New driver: microBUS LEM current sensor driver
- New driver: Pca9671 IO expander driver
- Minor fixes and enhancements - details here: v1.1.0 Milestone (github.com)
- Multi-org support and ability to invite users
- Added support for
app.build.yamlto allow NoLink per-assembly
- Fix for
meadow list portscommand on Linux and therefore VSCode
- Minor OtA enhancements
ISerialPortnow follows the Meadow controller pattern
- Minor improvements to interrupt handling
UpdateServicecatches exceptions while unzipping MPAKs and raises an event
TftSpi- Fixed rotation bug for the ST7789 display
- Ability to manage collections and publish to specific collections
- Meadow.Cloud compatibility changes for creating packages and listing collections
- Added support for processor temperature
The culmination of six years of work and 1.5MM lines of code, the Meadow v1.0 release includes all of the features found in the previous RC-3.1 release and adds final touches for OtA updates reliability and security.
For more information about recent work on Meadow.OS, please have a look at our Release Candidate Release Notes.
Updating to v1.0
This is a full stack release requiring an OS update, new nuget packages, a new Meadow CLI and new Visual Studio extensions.
Start by making sure you have the latest version of the CLI (1.0.0) by running:
dotnet tool update Wildernesslabs.Meadow.CLI --global
Download the latest version of Meadow.OS:
meadow download os
Update by putting your Meadow device in boot loader mode and running:
meadow flash os