Device not found
First thing is to verify your device is in bootloader mode. To do this, connect the USB cable to the Meadow device while holding down the BOOT button.
If you previously installed MeadowOS with
dfu-utiland updated the STM32 BOOTLOADER driver from STTub30 to WinUSB through Zadig, you need to uninstall the WinUSB driver:
- Connect your device in bootloader mode.
- Open Device Manager.
- Find Universal Serial Bus devices > STM32 BOOTLOADER
- Right-click STM32 BOOTLOADER and select Uninstall Device
- In the Uninstall Device window, check Delete the driver software for this device. and click Uninstall
- After uninstall is completed, the device will appear as STM Device in DFU Mode under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Reconnect the device in bootloader mode.
Which COM port do I use?
- After successfully flashing, the Meadow device shows up as USB Serial Device (COMXX) in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT). In the Meadow Device Explorer window in Visual Studio, select the appropriate COMXX port to target your Meadow device.